January 6, 2009

Tales from the Gallery Shop

By Rachel Molnar,
Gallery Shop Manager


Looking ahead to hot summer days while we hunker down in warm houses and bundle up in long jackets to escape the blistering cold isn’t easy. But retailers don’t just think two seasons ahead, we have to pick and choose our stock 6 months in advance. So in July, I was being covered in red and green glitter as I flipped through countless holiday cards, and now I’m off to freeze in Toronto and New York while I look at summer wares. To see what’s on offer I will be throwing on my most comfortable flats for hours of pavement pounding at the Canadian Gift & Tableware Association’s Gift Show and the New York International Gift Fair. Convention hall, upon convention hall … here I come!
Buying lovely things for the MacKenzie Art Gallery Shop has its challenges, but can be a lot of fun.

You can take part in the fun by heading over to Survey Monkey and completing our gallery shop survey. The survey takes less than 5 minutes and by participating you can also enter to win some $25 gift certificates. What would you buy with $25? I have my eyes on The Colour of Art Postcard Books (pictured above. Contact the Gallery Shop for details).

Right now at the Gallery Shop we are gearing up for the NWL "Champagne and Lace" Fashion Show taking place at the MacKenzie Art Gallery on February 12, 2009 (tickets can be purchased at NWL, 1860 Hamilton Street, 546-2246). The MacKenzie Gallery Shop will be providing all the jewellery for the show and today I was happy to help select some of the fabulous pieces! The lovely Nadia and Amy have decided to go with finery from one of my favourite designers - Corrine Anestopoulos from Biko Designs (the earrings pictured above are by Biko Designs). The event is sure to be spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment